Read ourFrequently Asked Questions
Together we are closing the digital divide and transforming lives through Digital Inclusion.
The award-winning program originated in the United Kingdom. With its proven track record and success, the prototype was embraced and adopted by GEO Nova Scotia.
Thanks to funding from the Digital Literacy Exchange Program (DLEP), a diverse range of newcomers will learn to use the Internet and build their digital skills. Over the next two years, thousands of people from newcomer organizations will be trained to support their clients.
Are there any prerequisites or requirements to enroll in the training?
You need to be able to join a Zoom meeting. You don’t need to be a digital expert to take this training.
*Please note this training program is best attended with a laptop or desktop computer.
How can I register for the training program?
From the home page of the website, select your province and follow the instructions on the pop-up screen.
How long does the training program last?
The Core Digital Champions training lasts 2 hours. Additional modules can range from 1 to 2 hours each.
Is this program available online or in-person?
All training is available online. To inquire about in-person options, please contact the delivery organization in your province (using the map in the Homepage)
What are the benefits of participating in this training?
- Access free training and development opportunities in your role as a Digital Champion, enhancing your ability to support others in acquiring digital skills, while staying up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements.
- Receive ongoing support from a community of Digital Champions from across Canada, helping you tackle any challenges you may encounter.
- Access to a curated collection of digital resources and tools to further enhance your learner’s digital skills.
- Receive a certificate upon completion of every module and post-training survey.
What are the different modules that are available?
Core Digital Champions Training Options:
(2 hours, Introduction to Digital Champions, Access to the website)
- Digital Champions Core Training
- Digital Champions Core Training (Newcomers)
Deep-Dive Digital Champions Training
(1-2 hours, Topic-specific)
- Digital Champions Supporting Youth
- Digital Champions Supporting Youth (Newcomers)
- Digital Champions Supporting Seniors (Newcomers)
- Digital Champions Supporting with Employability Part I – Pathways to Employment (Newcomers)
- Digital Champions Supporting with Employability Part II – Skills for the workforce (Newcomers)
What languages is the training provided?
Currently, the training is available in English. Soon, it will also be available in French. To inquire about French training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can take this training?
All staff members and volunteers in service providing organizations across Canada.
You can register in this program if you have any of the following motivations:
- Supporting individuals whose life can transform when they gain online access
- Self-improvement (educationally/professionally)
- Developing your digital skills
- Contributing to a digital inclusion movement
Who will I be supporting?
That’s entirely up to you. Digital Champions gives you the tools to help any individual with their digital skills and confidence.
What is a
Are you eager to help others, a good listener, someone who can explain things in simple terms?
Are you patient and ready to help someone one-on-one to be online?
Do you understand people’s interests and motivations for learning?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you’re ready to start your journey!